When Business leaders think about collaboration, usually it starts from open spaces, naming meetings rooms and special zones, official corporate goals and cultivation of value.
We try to influence employees with different heavy meanings but it doesn’t work.
What to do to make people connect more fully and consistently ?
Here is workable ideas from Francesca Gino, Prof. Harvard Business School
- Teach people to listen, not talk
- Train people to practice empathy
- Make people more comfortable with feedback
- Speak with clarity and avoid abstraction
- Teach people to lead and follow
- Train people to have win-win interactions
By training people these techniques, leaders can make creative, productive teamwork.